All new construction and remodeling projects must submit plans to the Southgate Architectural Review Committee before receiving a final permit from the City of Houston in order to ensure compliance with the Southgate Deed Restrictions. By performing an architectural review, the Southgate Civic Club helps protect the interests of all parties by keeping deed restrictions active and enforceable.
If you are remodeling or building a new house, you must submit the following to the Southgate Architectural Review Committee email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
- The address of the building site and the name of the architect/designer/builder as well as the owner.
- A copy of the plat for the building site.
- A copy of the new construction or remodeling plans.
- Information concerning the materials to be used on the exterior of the building and the approximate percentage of the entire facade that will be covered by each material; e.g., % brick, stone, or stucco, and % wood or other material. Please review the deed restrictions to note the type of exterior materials and the percentage of each required by the section of the deed restrictions where the building site is located.
- Note the setbacks for the front, back, and sides of the project. Again, please check your section of the deed restrictions to ensure that you are complying with the required front, side, and back setbacks.
- Send us your sidewalk plans as well to ensure compliance with the 2007 City of Houston ordinance that requires sidewalks in all residential neighborhoods within Loop 610.
The review committee will review your plans/plat within two weeks of receipt and get back to you with a formal letter noting compliance with the deed restrictions or identifying concerns, if any. As part of the City’s review protocol, owners and developers are required to submit a letter to the Houston City Planning Department indicating that they are positively in compliance with Southgate’s deed restrictions.
For questions email us at email@example.com
Members of the Architectural Review Committee are Mary Anne Piacentini, Drexel Turner, and Greg Wehrer.